Tuesday 4 August 2015

An active week calls for active based Scrapbooking...

Well this past week has been a busy one in terms of activities. Time to sit down with a cuppa and share the memories…

Back in March the company I work for launched its own version of the Couch to 5K program in conjunction with “This Girl Can” campaign. This Girl Can is a national campaign developed by Sport England and a wide range of partnership organisations. It’s a celebration of active women up and done the country. You can find out more about the campaign on the website http://www.thisgirlcan.co.uk/

Now I’ve always had a fascination with running, and love to watch the London Marathon on TV each year, but never imagined I would ever be a runner. Well after the 9 week course I found I could actually run for 30+ minutes without passing out, and even more surprising… I loved it!!! Now I have an addiction with running clothes and trainers, just as much as my Scrapbooking/Project life addiction. This is not good for my bank balance, but at least I can run faster from the Bank Manager :-)

 So this leads to me to my first Layout of the week… Last week myself and my best friend in work Joanna were given fab T-Shirts to say “Congratulations on completing the course!” with company and program logos on them. I love it, and will most certainly wear with pride. Jo and I had already decided we were going for a lunchtime run, so what better way to celebrate than to wear our new T-Shirts out for all of London to see.

 Here is my finished layout of us looking very pleased with our new tops. I used Crate Paper Craft Market papers, coordinating die cut pieces, chipboard stickers and alpha stickers. I finished the layout with Crate Paper gold puffy stickers, a few glittery enamel dots, and some Heidi Swapp Gold Colour shine mist splatters.


So after running 5k every day for 5 days, I finished the week by attending the 3rd annual London Free Ride event on Saturday 1st August. The London Free Ride is an event for all cyclists, beginners to intermediates, couples, friends and family – oh yes, I forgot to add I am now a proud owner of a lovely road bike, which Chris bought me… another husband and wife activity, but something a little less life risking! It was a fab day out, especially with the sun shining brightly over London.

We cycled from our home in Essex to London which was 20 miles, then round the 10 miles of closed off roads passing famous landmarks such as Shard, Gherkin, St Pauls Cathedral and Buckingham Palace, then another 20 miles home again – The last 5 miles were a killer and I was very pleased to be home, but wow 50 miles in one day. I was dead proud of myself… although the sunburn from the day was not a good look! Opps!

Here is a very daring Selfie I took of myself and Chris whilst cycling past Buckingham Palace… so glad I didn’t drop my phone in the process. This is a very mixed layout, using back ground paper from Simple Storys Fancy That collection, and smaller papers from Heidi Swapp September Skies 6x6 paper pad. I covered parts of the background with a lime green coloured texture paste, using a Tim Holtz layering stencil. I also added some Heidi Swapp Gold Colour Shine mist splats. I embellished the layout with die cuts and stickers from Crate Paper Craft Market collection – they had lots of bike related bits! I finished the layout with a few cute wood veneers and enamel dots.


Well time for a rest now. Hope you like my traditional layouts and hearing the stories behind them. I’ll be back soon once I’ve got my head down with a few Project Life pages I’ve been meaning to do.

Much Love,
Chelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment