Wednesday 7 January 2015

2015 - A new start only needs "One Little Word"

So, we’re a few days into the New Year, and I wonder how many of us have broken our resolutions already. I have a few which I’m hoping to keep (well, until at least March!)

*Stop biting my nails – No 30 year old should have bitten stumps like mine!
*Get fit and healthy – this could be tricky!
*Start my Project Life 2015 album, and fill it to capacity with fab pictures, great stories, and lots and lots of stickers – now this one may be a little easier to keep!

“One Little Word”

I’ve started 2015 by joining Ali Edwards “One Little Word” Project. I thought this would be a fun and interesting addition to my Project Life album. Chris and I don’t have children (well unless you count my 8 stone 4 legged friend Sadie… actually, you do!), so I often fear general life could come across a little boring to look at for some. That said I do Project Life for two reason, one being to document our life, and the second for my love of crafts. If you have seen my layouts you would know I love embellishments and like to treat each little card is like a mini layout in itself.

Ok, back to “One Little Word”… The first step was of course to choose a word. Ali said “The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. Think about what you hope to invite into your life in 2015. As yourself ‘What do I really want in my life in the next 12 months?’”

After some thought, and a little research, it finally came to me… “DETERMINED”





For anyone that knows me, the last couple of years of my life have been somewhat a struggle. In February 2012 I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism with Graves disease. It had completely changed the person I was, and the life I was leading. Unfortunately I had some very tough times ahead of me, especially in 2012 which I didn’t cope with very well. I basically walked away from my life, I wanted to be alone.

Thankfully after lots of help from Doctors and truck loads of medication that would put any small Pharmacy to shame, I managed to find me again and started on the road to putting my life back together. I later married my the Fiancé on our 10th anniversary on 2nd August 2013, and 4 days later underwent surgery to have my Thyroid removed. Not great timing, but I got to spend 4 weeks being looked after by my now husband!

So, what has this got to do with my chosen word?

Well, I’ve been on a bumpy road health wise ever since my operation, one I’m still firmly on. This year I am DETERMINED to make that road a little smoother, and I’m DETERMINED not to let this get me down anymore.

A casualty of my illness back in 2012 was my job. I had a job as a Receptionist for the same company for 7 years… to be honest I wasn’t happy. I wanted more, but it was difficult finding a new job. Unfortunately, rational thoughts and feelings went out of me faster than the speed of light and one day I just quit! – yes not the best move, but looking back it was the best thing I ever did (although my Mum probably wouldn’t agree). I had always wanted to be an Assistant or PA, so that’s what I went after. Two and half years later I have been at the same company in London working exactly as that, and I couldn’t be happier. Actually that is slightly untrue, I could be happier, but this is where my word comes in to play again. I have always been a temp, and this year I am DETERMINED to bag myself a permanent role doing what I love!

Last of all, and I guess the most important thing of all… I’m DETEMINED to live life to the fullest. Someone on a Facebook group said to me their mantra was “Live like a Superhero” and that is exactly what we should all do. Last year I started to learn Paragliding, I went Ziplining in a Mexican jungle, and I abseiled down a 300ft building in London for Charity. This year I am 30 years of ages, and I am DETERMINED to keep living my life like I have done most recently… and I’m DETERMINED to document it all in my Project Life album/s!

So there we have it, One Little Word has been chosen… now I have to start using it!

I’ll be back soon with my first 2015 Project Life layouts.

Much Love,

Chelle Belle x

No comments:

Post a Comment